NCLEX-RN Health Promotion and Maintenance Practice Test
Welcome to the first Nurse.plus NCLEX-RN practice test for Health Promotion and Maintenance.
Health Promotion and Maintenance is one of the four categories of patient/client needs that will be part of the NCLEX-RN examination. About 6 to 12% of the exam will include questions from this category.
While it’s not the largest category on the exam, Health Promotion and Maintenance covers a wide range of topics that a competent nurse is expected to know when entering the nursing profession. A large subcategory deals with pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and newborn care. You will find questions in these practice tests covering the entire range of this life phase.
In this test, there are 20 questions that include:
- Antenatal care
- Developmental stages
- Aging process
- Newborn care
As you take the practice test, you can track your progress on the grid, at the top left of the computer screen. Each correct answer will make a square turn green, while an incorrect answer will make the square turn red. Underneath the grid is a bar that says “Restart.” You can begin your test again at any time. If you leave a test before it’s finished, it will remind you where you are when you return.
Each question has four multiple choice options. Read the question carefully and try to think of the answer. If you need help, click on the Hint button that’s under the fourth option. We’ve written a sentence to remind you of the answer. If you select the correct response, you can go to the next question. If you make a mistake, an explanation will immediately pop up. This reinforces your learning.
Try to take all the practice tests at least once. Each time, the questions and options are shuffled into a different random order. This will reinforce your learning.
We are proud to be part of your study plan and wish you the best in your nursing career!
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 2
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 3
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 4
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 5
- Physiological Integrity Test 1
- Physiological Integrity Test 2
- Physiological Integrity Test 3
- Physiological Integrity Test 4
- Physiological Integrity Test 5
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 1
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 2
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 3
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 1
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 2
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 3
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 4
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 5