NCLEX-RN Health Promotion/Maintenance Practice Test (2017)
Welcome to the Nurse.plus practice test #5 for the NCLEX-RN Health Promotion and Maintenance category!
Health Promotion and Maintenance” might seem like a vague way to describe all the RN does to help patients/clients learn to self-manage their medical situations. The category also includes the reproductive phase of life, as well as physical assessment. This category of patient/client needs comprises 6-12% of the NCLEX-RN, but is an essential component of the RN role.
The subcategories included in this Health Promotion and Maintenance practice test are:
- Developmental stages and transitions
- Aging process
- Prenatal care
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Newborn care
Taking each of these practice tests several times will help you become confident about your knowledge and abilities. The questions on the Nurse.plus practice tests are like those you will see when you sit for your NCLEX-RN examination. Each question has four possible choices for the correct answer. Always read each question carefully! Sometimes the question can ask you to choose the incorrect—or negative--response.
If you’re not sure if you know the answer, or the question has new information that you haven’t seen before, click on the Hint button below the fourth answer option. You’ll get a clue to help you figure out the correct answer. When you choose an answer, you can go directly to the next question if you’re right. If you made a mistake, don’t worry. An explanation of the correct answer will automatically appear to give you immediate feedback. Take notes if you want, so you can go back to your textbooks and resources.
Nurse.plus likes to help you see how well you’re progressing as you take the practice tests. In the upper left corner of your computer screen, you can see a numbered grid. With each question, the squares of the grid will turn green with your correct answers or red with the incorrect ones. At any time, you can click on the “Restart the test” button under the grid. The questions will shuffle into a new order, the same as if you were using flashcards. We’re proud to be part of your study plan.
Each of these questions has four options. Read the question carefully and select the best option. If you are not sure, click on the Hint button underneath the options to read a sentence that can help you choose the correct answer. If you make a mistake, don’t worry! The correct response will be displayed, along with an explanation to help you understand. Track your progress on the upper left corner. Your correct answers will be in green.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 1
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 2
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 3
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 4
- Physiological Integrity Test 1
- Physiological Integrity Test 2
- Physiological Integrity Test 3
- Physiological Integrity Test 4
- Physiological Integrity Test 5
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 1
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 2
- Psychosocial Integrity Test 3
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 1
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 2
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 3
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 4
- Safe/Effective Care Environment 5